Tuesday, March 26, 2013

What's In A Name?

I get a TON of questions regarding my name.

Yes, it's "weird" according to some, but "unique" to most. While I did get a few random jokes growing up, most people really seem to think my name is "beautiful". (Their words, swear)

For the most part, everyone calls me "Nikki" but for those of you that don't know, my name is Nichele. (Nah-Shell) Exactly like Michelle, just with an "N".

Story goes something like this: Momma Bear went to the movies to catch the brand new, super cool, major motion picture; Star Trek. (I'm almost embarrassed to admit this... Mom, stay out of Star Track flicks would ya?)


 She didn't feel like flooding the exits along with the other trekkies, so she stayed put. (She really isn't a trekky, swear!) Cue the credits.... She see this lady's name pop up:

Real Name: Nichelle Nichols
She loved the name, got pregnant a short time later, and BAM--She named me Nichele Lynn.

So true! I seriously never had a single one. NEVER!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that last quote, it's cracking me up! I am visiting from the GFC blog hop! Just wanted to let you know I'm your newest GFC follower and am now following your social networks as well :o)

Kristin Dawn said...

Hey, new follower from the Friend Connect blog hop. Looking forward to checking out your blog some more! :)

xo,
Kristin
aboutagirl.ca

Alyssa said...

I like your name! I think it's pretty! But, I feel like parents are just getting a little to crazy with their kid's names now-a-days. Just my opinion thought! (:

found you through GFC!

Have a great day!

Alyssa
http://www.alyssadawsonblog.com/

Anonymous said...

I am that child, too! My name (Taryn) came from a character in a movie. Unfortunately, my dad thought it was the name of the wrong character and he actually kinda hated the actress who played the character named Taryn. But the name stuck anyway ;)

Sarah S. said...

I like it! and I think it's cool that you have a story behind it. Having a common name is so boring :) I'm here from the Blog Hop and now following via Bloglovin.